NGA Tech Showcase West
Save the Date for NGA Tech Showcase West 2016, October 18-19. Call for Industry Flash Talks will be available in August. More details on the agenda and registration coming soon.
2015 Tech Showcase West
USGIF offered two great opportunities at NGA Campus West in St. Louis, MO, last October. Read more below about the two days and what you might expect this year.
IGAPP: Tuesday, Oct. 20
IGAPP Industry Day was attendees chance to hear the latest on the Innovative GEOINT Application Provider Program (IGAPP) and connect with geospatial industry leaders. This creative government program was highlighted through panel discussions, lightning talks, networking opportunities, and a keynote from NGA’s IGAPP Program Lead Joedy Saffel.
Agenda At A Glance
1:00 – 1:45 p.m.
Keynote: Joedy Saffel, IGAPP Program Lead, NGA
1:45 – 2:45 p.m.
Panel Discussion including Q&A
- Moderator: Dave Waldrup, TASC
- Wes Cordova, PAR Government
- Bruce Donaldson, Red Hen Systems
- Fred Hejazi, Geographic Services
- Dr. David Rogers, MobileGov
- Joedy Saffel, IGAPP Program Lead, NGA
2:45 – 3:15 p.m.
3:15 – 4:30 p.m.
- Pam Arya, Optensity
- George Lambert, Marchon
- Payton Oliveri, Envitia
- Dan Quinn, Progressive Technology Federal Systems Inc. (PTFS)
- Eric Rubenstein, Image Insight
- Paul Sartorius, Vricon
- Mark Smith, CEO, Geospatial Corporation
Networking Social at Anheuser-Busch Brewery
12th and Lynch St, St. Louis MO
NGA Tech Showcase West: Wednesday, Oct. 21
NGA Tech Showcase West featured opportunities for attendees to experiment with data in a multimedia, multi-sensory environment with GEOINT at its core. The tech showcase typically features approximately 25 demos and presentations throughout NCW workspaces to highlight accomplishments and identify challenges. Attendees learn about NGA’s new products and services, get a detailed look at NGA’s emerging requirements, and network/share ideas to help transform the agency.
Agenda At A Glance
7:00 – 8:00 a.m.
Visitor Check-in, Building 1 Conference Center
8:00 – 8:45 a.m.
Opening Session, Building 1 Conference Center
- Welcome and Introduction, Ed Donaldson, Deputy Chief of Staff, NGA
- Opening Remarks, Ed Mornston, Chief of Staff, NGA
- USGIF Remarks, Keith Masback, CEO, USGIF
- Closing Remarks
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
NGA Technology Expo, Building 36
View Demo List
9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Industry Flash Talks, NGA Outreach Theater, 1B-32
- Why Z Matters…… by Craig Brower, Vice President, Vricon
- Everyone Has a Story to Tell: Harnessing the Power of Maps to Tell Yours by Brian Biesecker, Technical Director, Intelligence Community, Esri
- Leveraging Modern Search Technologies to Uncover Value in Legacy Content Repositories by Randall Billy, Vice President, Wash Ops, Voyager Search
- Next Generation Workflow Management (GWF) Supports Content Production by Michael Tait, Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff, General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Metadata Management by Glenn Heinle, CTO, Keeper Technology
- Geospatial Big Data Platform as a Service by Christopher Incardona, Senior Director, NGA Strategic Program Development, DigitalGlobe
- Multi-Intelligence Studio: All Source ISR Sensor Fusion by Charles Parkinson, Engineer, Northrop Grumman Information Systems
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
USGIF Lunch, Cafeteria
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
USGIF NOC Tour, Building 36, 4E
1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
USGIF Coffee Break, Bill Brown Conference Room Alcove, 1C-02
NGA Tech Showcase West Flash Talks
NGA released 10 challenges and invited industry to submit proposals for flash talks as part of NGA Tech Showcase West. This was an excellent opportunity for industry to be recognized for its expertise as well as showcase how it can support NGA’s current and future needs.
Thank you to our sponsors