Tech Showcase West
About Tech Showcase West
USGIF offers a great opportunity to see the unique work of the NGA employees in St. Louis.
This year, Tech Showcase West will kick off with a day focused on industry-government hybrid collaboration at @4240 in the heart of the Cortex Innovation Community (CIC) campus downtown. A handful of USGIF Members, including NGA, already have a presence there, and are taking advantage of the diverse incubator-like setting.
Day two will be at NGA’s building on Second Street and feature 30+ confirmed demos, with 23 released topics and presentations throughout NCW workspaces to gain business insight on NGA’s emerging requirements and future challenges.
The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency’s involvement in this event does not imply endorsement of USGIF by the United States Government.
Tech Showcase West Agenda
Tuesday, Oct. 18
USGIF Innovation Day, @4240 Cortex Innovation Center
4240 Duncan Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110
This is an unclassified event.
- 1200-1300 Registration sponsored by Cloudera Opens & Lunch sponsored by Accenture Federal Services
- 1300-1305 Welcome – USGIF
- 1305-1315 The Cortex Innovation Community (CIC) – Dennis Lower President & CEO, Cortex
- 1315-1345 Keynote – Robert Cardillo, Director, NGA
- 1345-1445 Panel: Public-Private Innovation & Hybrid Collaboration
- Anthony Calamito, Chief Evangelist, Boundless
- Curt Davis, Director, Center for Geospatial Intelligence, University of Missouri
- Dr. Catherine Cotell, NGA
- Dr. Patricia Hagen, Executive Director, Technology Entrepreneur Center (T-REX)
- Dougan Sherwood, Co-Founder and Managing Director, CIC St. Louis
- Otis Williams, Executive Director, St. Louis Development Corporation
- 1445-1515 Networking Break sponsored by Adobe
- 1515-1645 Innovation Flash Talks
- “Securing the NEW: 5 Big Trends in 7 Minutes” by Gus Hunt, Accenture Federal Services
- “Integrating Geospatial Intelligence into COTS-based Solutions” by Mark Wales, Adobe
- “Four Reasons to be Addicted to Dynamic Content” by Keith Bingham, Ball Aerospace
- “Indexing Disparate Geospatial Data at Scale” by Marc Kriz, Cloudera
- “Introducing ArcGIS Earth: 3D Experience for the Intelligence Community” by Tara Mott, Esri
- “IT Enables the GEOINT Mission” by Julien Rossboon, General Dynamics Information Technology
- “Location Technologies for Government” by Cliff Allison, HERE
- 1645-1700 SpaceNet Challenge by Todd Stavish, CosmiQ Works
- 1700-1900 Networking Reception sponsored by General Dynamics Information Technology & CIC Tours (open to Tuesday & Wednesday registrants)
Wednesday, Oct. 19
NGA Tech Showcase, NCW, Second St., St. Louis
This day is held at the TS//SI/TK clearance level. All attendees must have appropriate credentials. Registration for this event will close Wednesday, Oct. 12.
- 0700-0800 Registration & Breakfast sponsored by Esri
- 0800-0845 Opening Session, Building 1 Conference Center
- Welcome and Introduction, Ed Donaldson, Deputy Chief of Staff, NGA
- Opening Remarks, Ed Mornston, Chief of Staff, NGA
- USGIF Remarks
- 0845-0900 Networking Break sponsored by AECOM
- 0900-1500 Technology Demos, Building 36
- 0900-1100 Industry Lightning Talks, Bill Brown Conference Center
- 1100-1300 Lunch sponsored by Ball Aerospace
- 1100-1500 N2W Q&A Networking, Bill Brown Conference Center
- 1200-1300 NOC Tour, Building 36, 4E
- 1700-1900 YPG Mappy Hour, Cortex, 4240 Duncan Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110
Please note registration is free & separate from Tech Showcase West
2017 State of GEOINT Content Exchange
Tuesday, Oct. 18
Cortex, 4240 Duncan Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110
Don’t miss the opportunity to participate in the 2017 State of GEOINT Content Exchange preceding Tech Showcase West. This free half-day, unclassified session will discuss and document current and future global GEOINT trends and challenges, to be included in USGIF’s 2017 State of GEOINT report.
Registration for this event is separate from Tech Showcase West.
Registration for the State of GEOINT Content Exchange is now closed. This event has reached full capacity.