Senior Systems Engineer
Company: Opera Solutions Government Services LLC
Position Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Arlington, VA
Senior Systems Engineers (SSEs) design, develop, and deploy state-of-the-art, data-driven predictive models to solve business problems within the government sector.
Candidates will have experience in architecting, designing and implementing an Enterprise Solution. The SSE responsibilities include: system design, system architecture, analysis and traceability of technical requirements, functional analysis, risk assessment, and requirement validation and verification. The systems engineer will also perform trade studies, brief program management and the customer, monitor system operability and reliability, develop process improvements and assist in the project management and technical implementation of the solution.
Prior to implementing the solution either hosted by Opera or at the customer site, the Systems Engineer will document and articulate the environment through detailed design documents and implementation plans.
They will use the available Opera Solutions Predictive Analytic platforms and solutions as a starting point in each solution effort.
The role of an SE is a critical one at OSGS: we only consider candidates with strong academic and work credentials and a track record of innovative and successful applied analytics projects. Essential requirements include:
• Advanced degree (MS/ PhD) in an engineering or quantitative field (i.e., Statistics, Machine Learning, Physics, Econometrics, etc.).
• Software skills: Experience in Perl, C, Python, C++, or Java.
• Deep knowledge of analytic methodologies (regression, signal processing, optimization, neural networks, etc.)
• Track record of analytical product development, innovation, or research (patents or publications)
• 10+ years experience in software development
• 5+ years experience in Agile software development
• Proficiency in machine learning including SVMs, ANNs, and GAs
• In addition, we prefer that candidates have experience in managing analytics teams in multiple locations and experience with statistics packages/SAS.
• Proficiency developing software applications for Windows
• Proficiency with the Visual Studio 2010 development environment
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Access
• Proficiency with Oracle and MS SQL Server databases
• Candidates with active security clearances (Secret, Top Secret) are highly desirable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including skills in visual representation of data using charts and graphs.
We are currently recruiting for positions on client sites in Northern Virginia and Columbia, Maryland. Some travel may be required.
Opera Solutions is a diverse and dynamic place to work. Our scientists, software engineers, sales force, consultants, and technology professionals are comfortable with ambiguity, flexible in the face of a fast-moving environment, and energized by solving complex analytic and business challenges. They are also entrepreneurs, excited about the opportunities that come from being part of a rapidly growing and dynamic firm. Everyone at Opera thrives in an environment that rewards creativity and brilliance and supports rapid advancement for strong performers, regardless of background, age, or tenure. Our team includes people from more than 30 countries, and even more backgrounds — quant jocks and literature majors, line managers and academics, experienced hires and new graduates, BAs and MBAs and PhDs.
Opera Solutions Government Services (OSGS) is a wholly owned subsidiary supporting government agencies around the world. We are bringing Opera’s cutting edge approaches and to the government sector. We are looking for smart, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team. Candidates should be able to work in an unstructured environment, be self-starters, and have a deep interest in being a member of a core group focused on growing an entrepreneurial business. Excellent sense of humor and a work hard, play hard mentality is required. Our offices are located in Arlington, Virginia and we usually work on customer sites around the Capitol region.
Opera Solutions Government Services, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer.
How To Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate where you saw this job posting in the subject line.