Company: Opera Solutions Government Services LLC
Position Title: Principal Scientist
Location: Arlington, VA
• Advanced experience with data mining and predictive modeling techniques, such as logistic regression, decision trees, and neural networks
• Bringing quantitative judgment to business discussions, and providing new ideas for how we turn our data and our capabilities into new opportunities for the Opera Solutions Government Services division.
• Designing, implementing and analyzing algorithms which substantially impact multiple company products
• Leading development of prototypes and guiding solutions into production
• Serving as a primary person to consult on complex issues, contributing key ideas
• Growing and leading the Opera Solutions Government Services Analytics team
• PhD in a quantitative field (i.e., Statistics, Engineering, Machine Learning, Physics, Econometrics, etc.).
• Obsession with data and system improvement, tempered with pragmatic ability to prioritize
• Proven research background, in academic or industrial work, with an emphasis on delivering research that has a critical impact on multiple projects
• Awareness of business objectives and ability to apply this understanding to recommend and implement product development for difficult and complex technical issues
• Comfort working within a modern engineering environment (Linux, system architecture, Java, Python, MySQL, multithreaded programming).
• Ability to script experimental solutions and use off-the-shelf statistical analysis tools
• Ability to quickly prototype experimental solutions and develop robust, maintainable production systems
• Strong results driven personality, with a high level of enthusiasm, energy and confidence
• Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and presentation skills
• Managerial skills: hire, train and mentor the Opera Solutions Government Solutions Analytics team
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility and integrity: be able and willing to work hands on, independently or with a small team providing leadership
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a proven ability to translate complex methodologies and analytical results to higher-level business insights and key take-aways
• Experience working at a growth-stage startup company
• Candidates must have active security clearance
Opera Solutions Government Services (OSGS) is a wholly owned subsidiary supporting government agencies around the world. We are bringing Opera’s cutting edge approaches and to the government sector. We are looking for smart, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team. Candidates should be able to work in an unstructured environment, be self-starters, and have a deep interest in being a member of a core group focused on growing an entrepreneurial business. Our offices are located in Arlington, Virginia and we usually work on customer sites around the Capitol region.
Opera Solutions Government Services, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer.
How To Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate where you saw this job posting in the subject line.