Manager, Business Development - Environmental Intelligence
Company: ITT Exelis
Position Title: Manager, Business Development - Environmental Intelligence
Location: Herndon, VA
ITT Exelis is seeking a key individual to provide business development leadership as Senior Business Development Portfolio Manager for Geospatial Systems (GS) Division focusing on weather, climate, and environmental system business areas. Geospatial Systems is a leader in space and airborne systems to provide user solutions in response to scientific community data requirements and civil government operational needs. This position is located in Herndon, VA.
Scope and Position Duties
This individual will be a critical contributor to new business capture strategy development and execution for the Environmental Intelligence and related Exelis business sectors and will report to the Director, Environmental Intelligence. This individual will be a key driver in establishing and maintaining relationships between Exelis and customer leadership with direct accountability for strategic business growth, assessment of opportunities and management of pursuits.
Position Duties include:
• Develop and maintain relationships with key scientific and civil government community stakeholders and customers to include agencies such as NASA, NOAA, EPA, DOT and academic institutions/laboratories to further business opportunities.
• Develop, maintain, and implement new business roadmaps of pursuits in close coordination with the Center for Innovation & Technology Development (CITD), Engineering Operations and business unit leadership.
• Interface with technical and business development personnel to develop weather, climate and environmental systems target markets based on business trends, user requirements, and competitiveness analysis.
• Synthesize Voice of Customer (VOC) inputs with business unit capture managers and CITD personnel to identify and develop new business pursuits.
• Develops business case analysis in coordination with business unit capture managers, CITD and Finance personnel to prioritize discretionary resources and IRAD investments in response to customer requirements.
• Enhance recognition of Exelis products, legacy, and expertise in weather, climate and environmental systems through participation in conferences and related community events.
• Engage engineering functional experts to identify key technology discriminators for Exelis products.
• Determine the personnel requirements and capital resource needs for a particular pursuit working collaboratively with business unit functional experts.
• Brief new business pursuit status to GS division leadership and Exelis Headquarters.
• Provide capture managers and proposal teams with key customer requirements, industry discriminators, and price-to-win inputs to enhance win probability.
• Lead integrated team of capture managers, engineering personnel and contracts specialists to establish Teaming Agreements (TAs) and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) with prospective partners to enhance win probability.
• Manage and update the pursuit database to ensure accurate data is available to support management investment decisions and new business evaluation processes.
• Coordinate with GS division leadership on merger and acquisition evaluation, licensing requirements, Intellectual Property Issues and strategic alliance development.
• Interface with Exelis Headquarters, foreign country representatives and consultants as required to identify and capture international opportunities.
• Expectation of business travel: 25%-30%.
Supervisory Responsibility: None, but will be expected to lead diverse new business pursuit teams.
Financial Responsibilities: This individual will be responsible for Environmental Intelligence business development growth goals.
• 15 + years of professional work in weather, climate, environmental or related technology areas
• 5+ years in business development or relevant program experience.
• BS in a business or technical discipline
• Demonstrated knowledge of weather, climate, environmental or related capabilities, technologies, and products preferably in a business development role.
• Proven experience opening up new government and/or scientific markets and/or inserting new products into existing government and/or scientific markets.
• Experience in managing pursuits through the business development evaluation process from identification through capture.
• Ability to build business cases integrating market analysis, customer requirements, competitive intelligence, discriminating capabilities and risk areas.
• Demonstrated experience interacting with customer and industry executives at senior levels.
• Excellent written communications and presentations skills.
• Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects with personnel from diverse disciplines and experiences.
• Demonstrated broad knowledge of weather, climate, and environmental systems
• Motivational leadership skills to focus activities to obtain new business results in a highly competitive environment.
• Ability to obtain a US security clearance
• MS in a business or technical discipline
• International business development and sales experience desired.
• Participation as a weather, climate, environmental systems or related technology thought
leader in conferences and/or paper publication.
• Demonstrated broad knowledge of weather, climate, and environmental systems preferably from a space or airborne earth observing perspective
• Active TS/SCI security clearance
How To Apply:
Please send your resume to: