Company: ITT Exelis
Position Title: Chief Scientist
Location: Herndon, VA
Reporting to the Director, TCAM (Technology Capital Asset Management) R&D, position will be a member of the ITT Geospatial Systems (GS) Center for Innovation and Technology Development (CITD) serving as a strategic leader in identifying and transitioning the organization into emerging imaging science technologies to ensure innovative solutions are being applied across all offerings.
• Ensure imaging science technologies across the offerings portfolio deliver sound physics-based solutions with ITT Exelis IP.
• Ensure technical approach provides the best imaging science solution to solve identified customer hard problems.
• Ensure best approach is selected to ensure future revenue.
• Output is requirements and best approach for all R&D projects.
• Manage imaging science technologies being developed with IR&D to ensure innovative solutions are being applied across all offerings.
• Identify external imaging science technologies and assess competitive advantages/disadvantages with ITT Exelis technologies.
• Identify opportunities for licensing, partnerships, and customer funded R&D, as well as Mergers & Acquisitions to ensure ITT Exelis offerings are world-class.
• 10+ years of relevant experience developing new technology capabilities in emerging business areas.
• Demonstrated successful performance in interpreting technology and market.
• Experience and knowledge with current and emerging technologies.
• Must be forward looking, innovative and have demonstrated ability to grow and develop new business and business areas through IP.
• Position is based in Herndon, VA or Rochester, NY.
• BS and MS required in a technical discipline (e.g. computer science, information technology, and engineering)
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; US Citizenship required
• PhD in a related filed
• Active US security clearance
How To Apply:
Please send your resume to: