Long Term Strategic Planning Manager
Company: ITT Exelis
Position Title: Long Term Strategic Planning Manager
Location: Herndon, VA or Rochester, NY
Job Description Broad Function: A visionary strategic planner ensuring the company’s future by positioning numerous technical products and services in dynamic defense, intelligence and commercial markets. This position will assist in the execution of comprehensive and actionable strategic plans, migration strategies, operating plans and sales/capture strategies that underpin Geospatial Systems’ (GS) business development and capture activities. This position will assist in the implementation of relevant strategies and foundation business plans that will affirmatively impact and sustain GS’s business profitability and growth. Output: consolidated portfolios with action plans to achieve business goals and key performance metrics
• Accountable for the consolidation of the various portfolios in ITT-GS
• Assist in the development of GS’s long-term business opportunity planning objectives and creation of near-term business capture strategies by devising and constructing integrated business plans that comprehensively address realistic and sustaining revenue bearing business opportunities
• Assist in the coordination and alignment of business and functional efficiency and effectiveness initiatives to develop an integrated transformation roadmap aligned to the business strategy and planning processes and achieves the stated business case
•Leads cross-functional teams of business development, finance, engineering and business segments to develop inputs for the annual corporate strategic plan, operating plans and other business plans and activities as directed
• Develop and report functional planning materials in support of the GS portfolio management meetings including gate reviews, growth meetings and other associated forums as directed
• Proactively assist in the management of the integrated process and portfolio of initiatives in support of the GS transformation
• Analyzes and effectively applies data on internal and external business, financial, and market conditions, including competitive intelligence and customer requirements to develop, recommend and advise GS senior leadership on viable business strategies
• Maintains and continuously updates enterprise capability requirements in the form of people, processes and technologies for long term strategic goals
• Assists in the development of business cases, recommends relevant acquisition targets and business partnering strategies in support of GS’s business growth and strategic objectives.
• Support business unit efforts to identify, qualify and capture near-term opportunities relevant to specific business units and identify emergent customer requirements / challenge areas.
Required Experience: • Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required (Master’s degree is highly preferred) preferably in a discipline related to GS customers’ core mission areas or business interests
• 10 + years of working experience with GS’s customers’ organizations is highly desired. Specific experience with the Federal Government, Department of Defense, NASA or NOAA is highly desired. Specific experience with commercial entities is also highly desired
• Must have the ability to think abstractly and analytically to provide in-depth analysis and recommendations to internal customers, teammates and external constituencies
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively with various organizational constituencies (including senior leadership, business development, engineering, finance and business segments)
• Willingness to travel (up to 40%) to support multiple locations in Rochester, NY, Fort Wayne, IN, West Springfield, MA, Bloomfield, NJ and Roanoke, VA
Desired Skills: Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information, US Citizenship required.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Respect, Responsibility, and Integrity, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace.
How To Apply:
Please send your resume to: