Senior Systems Engineer
Company: CMX Technologies Inc.
Position Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Springfield, VA
CMX Technologies has an immediate opening for a Senior Innovation Engineer.
This Senior Engineer will lead the interface between NGA’s International Programs division and the NGA Segments that impact these programs.
The Senior Engineer shall be a senior leader within an engineering discipline who is familiar with the types of geospatial-intelligence systems that NGA typically employs. The Senior Engineer shall maintain active communications with and be involved in bridging the gap between the international systems developed and maintained in the division, and the national programs of our allies, and the National Systems for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG) systems and segments that may impact or offer opportunities to them.
The Engineer shall keep current awareness of the IT Infrastructure of the NSG, participating in the design of new capabilities such as the Integrated Analytical Environment, Common Desktop, Geospatial Applications Storefront, IC Cloud Computing, and the DNI Safeguarding Initiative, and helping to leverage these developments to the advantage of our international partners.
• Participating in, monitoring, reporting, and briefing technical and programmatic changes in the NSG that affect our international partners;
• Identifying risks and providing mitigation strategies for negative impacts;
• Identifying opportunities for international participation in future or emerging NSG capabilities.
• Participating in design reviews;
• Authoring system concepts of operation (CONOPS) and system architecture and requirement documents;
• Analysis of systems data (systems logs, metrics, etc.);
• Providing opinions to NSG segments on design changes that might leverage our international partners’ capabilities;
• Supporting the integration of partner developed capabilities into the NSG;
• Analyzing RFCs for impact on international programs;
• Preparing a Roadmap in support of the Allied Capability Acquisition and Advisory Forum (ACAAF).
Skills/SME Required (M=Mandatory; D=Desired):
• (M) A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Systems Engineering, Electrical Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other Information Technology discipline with at least five (5) years of total relevant work experience, including a minimum of two (2) years of specialized experience in a Geospatial Information System (GIS) or Remote Sensing (RS) setting;
• (M) Demonstrated experience in designing and creating capabilities based on current internet/web based environments such as OZONE Widget Framework involving Service Oriented Architectures, widgets, apps or other equivalent constructs;
• (M) Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication, interpersonal relationship skills, teamwork and follow-through.
• (M) Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible in changing requirements
• (D) Certified in the use of Microsoft products, web development tools or other recognized professional or educational attainments.
A current Top Secret/SCI clearance is required. Must be willing to take a Government-administered CI-scope polygraph exam
CMX Technologies offered superb benefits, including company-paid health and dental insurance, generous 401k matching, and education reimbursement.
How To Apply: