The USGIF Annual Report highlights the Foundation’s impact and accomplishments in the span of a year. Be sure to download each of the annual reports to see everything USGIF has accomplished over the past few years.
2019 highlights included:
- 129 students earned USGIF GEOINT Certificates, bringing the total to more than 1,050 students holding the Foundation’s academic certificate
- Awarded $130,000 in scholarships in 2019, the highest amount of annual funds to date
- The Certified GEOINT Professional (CGP™) Program launched a new entry-level GEOINT Essentials exam
- Raised $15,766 toward the EdGEOcation Giving Fund
- USGIF opened its own state-of-the-art event space, known as the Trajectory Event Center (TEC), in Herndon, Va.
2018 highlights included:
- Awarded the first recipients of the Stu Shea USGIF Endowed Scholarship and the Reinventing Geospatial Inc. Scholarship
- Raised $17,780 toward the EdGEOcation Giving Fund
- Published a “Building Resilient Communities Through Geospatial Intelligence” report as part of a grant from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Offered the Certified GEOINT Professional (CGP™) Program on the Army Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (COOL) and Marine Corps COOL websites
- Introduced more than 2,000 K-12 students to GEOINT
2017 highlights included:
- Presented 87 students a USGIF GEOINT Certificate, bringing the total to more than 820 students holding USGIF academic certificates.
- Granted accreditation by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) for USGIF’s Certified GEOINT Professional (CGP) certifications
- Raised $15,774.31 for the Foundation’s EdGEOcation Giving Fund
- Awarded $117,000 in scholarship funds to college students
- Attracted more than 850 attendees at USGIF Workshops
2016 highlights included:
- Raised $8,909 during the fall EdGEOcation Giving Campaign
- Totaled $1 million in scholarships awarded since the program began in 2004
- Eclipsed 700 students who have earned a USGIF GEOINT certificate at accredited schools