USGIF's Cyber-Location Nexus Workshop
On Friday, June 26, following the GEOINT 2015 Symposium, USGIF will host its first Cyber-Location Nexus Workshop at NCE in Springfield, VA.
USGIF Members: $249 >> Non-Members: $425 >> Gov/Mil: Free
Please note this is a TS//SI/TK NOFORN classified event. Regardless of your badge and place of employment, you must register to attend this event.
Registration Now Closed.
Operations in the cyber domain require a fundamental understanding of how the physical layers of cyberspace manifest in geographic space. There is a geographic component to our servers, which sit in real data centers, in real buildings, connected by fiber in conduit running between optical switches, fueled by power grids, with communications links going from ground stations to switches in orbit, and users in motion all over the world. Geography is a powerful factor to the attribution challenges faced today in the cyber world.
USGIF peeled back the first layer of this complex issue in a 2013 issue of trajectory magazine. But the time has come for a TS//SI/TK NOFORN classified community information exchange to explore critical cyber-location challenges and associated business opportunities.
Friday 26 June, 0800-1500
TS//SI/TK NOFORN Classified Event
NGA Campus East Allder Auditorium
7500 GEOINT Drive, Springfield, VA
0800-0900 – Workshop Registration Check-In, Processing, Conference Center Badging, Continental Breakfast
0900-0910 – Security Briefing
0910-0915 – Welcome: Keith J. Masback, CEO, USGIF
0915-0945 – Keynote: Adm. Michael S. Rogers, U.S. Navy, Commander, USCYBERCOM; and Director, NSA/Chief, CSS
0945-1000 – Keynote: Robert Cardillo, Director, NGA
1000-1015 – Joint Q&A: Adm. Rogers and Director Cardillo
1015-1100 – Keynote: Jim Richberg, National Intelligence Manager for Cyber, ODNI
1100-1200 – Panel: Industry Perspectives on Cyber Operations
• Moderator: Col. David Tohn, U.S. Army (Ret.), CEO, BTS Software Solutions
• Col. Alexander S. Cochran III, U.S. Army (Ret.), Global Analysis, BAE Systems
• Maj. Gen. George J Franz III, Commanding General, INSCOM
• Karl Gumtow, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, CyberPoint International
• Maj. Gen. David B. Lacquement, U.S. Army (Ret.) former Director of Operations, J-3; Booz Allen Hamilton
1200-1300 – Lunch Break
1300-1330 – Keynote: John E. Schieltz, Cyber Branch, NGA
1330-1430 – Panel: Building Cyber Understanding by Mapping the Cyber/Location Landscape
• Moderator: Chris Tucker, Board Member, USGIF
• Dan Ennis, Director, NSA/CSS Threat Operations Center, NSA
• Paul Freisthler, Technical Director, Air and Cyberspace Intelligence Group, NASIC
• Susan M. Gordon, Deputy Director, NGA
• Neil Jenkins, Policy and Outreach Director, National Cybersecurity & Communications Integration Center, DHS
1430-1445 – Closing Remarks: Keith J. Masback, CEO, USGIF
Agenda and speakers subject to change.