May 13, 2019
The pleasure of your company is requested at the next GEOINTeraction Tuesday networking event May 14, 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Maggiano’s inside Tysons Galleria. Our guest speaker will be Tara Bradburn, Senior Lead, Artificial Intelligence, Automation and Augmentation (AAA), NGA.
GEOINTeraction Tuesday is a casual networking event where you can develop new relationships, exchange ideas and discover business opportunities.
May 10, 2019
USGIF is offering organizations the opportunity to save up to 80% off individual registrations by training and/or certifying 15-25 employees at once through the USGIF Professional Certification Program. Employees have the chance to be certified in one or more of the areas identified in USGIF’s GEOINT Essential Body of Knowledge (EBK), to include:
- Certified GEOINT Professional- GIS & Analysis Tools (CGP-G™)
- Certified GEOINT Professional- Remote Sensing & Imagery Analysis (CGP-R™)
- Certified GEOINT Professional- Geospatial Data Management (CGP-D™)
Organizations must sign up no later than November 8, 2019.
May 9, 2019
USGIF opened its 2019 Scholarship Program! Every year, USGIF awards scholarships of various amounts to exceptional students studying geospatial sciences and related fields.
- Ken Miller Scholarship for Advanced Remote Sensing Applications
- RGi Scholarship for Geospatial and Engineering
- Graduating High School Senior
The deadline to apply is May 15.
May 7, 2019
The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) launched MagQuest, a $1.2 million global open innovation challenge. NGA calls upon solvers to submit novel approaches to geomagnetic data collection for the World Magnetic Model (WMM).
This open innovation challenge is designed to attract new ideas to increase the efficiency, reliability, and sustainability of geomagnetic data collection. With MagQuest, NGA aims to inspire domestic and international solvers to apply their expertise to spaceborne, aerial, terrestrial, and other potential solution areas. Solvers from small businesses, academic institutions, labs, startups, and other organizations are encouraged to enter the competition.
Learn more and sign up to participate. The deadline to submit a concept is by May 16.
May 6, 2019
Don’t miss the opportunity to stay in one of the official GEOINT 2019 hotels. Rooms are selling out quickly, so don’t delay.
The reservation deadline is Friday, May 10.
Rooms are still available at:
LaQuinta Inn & Suites, San Antonio
303 Blum Street
San Antonio, TX. 78205
1 block to the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
May 2, 2019
USGIF recently confirmed several exciting additions to the GEOINT 2019 agenda, including dynamic keynote speakers, a conversation with Hollywood AI experts, a panel discussion on wildfire response, and more.
Confirmed GEOINT 2019 speakers include:
• The Honorable Kari Bingen, Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence
• Jack Dangermond, Founder & President, Esri
• Kate Dargan, Co-founder & Chief Strategist, Intterra Group
• Bo Ewald, President & CEO, ColdQuanta
• Juliane Gallina, Chief Information Officer, CIA
• The Honorable Sue Gordon, Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence
• William Hurley, Founder & CEO, Strangeworks
• Lyda Krewson, Mayor, St. Louis, Mo.
• The Honorable Lisa Porter, Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Research & Engineering
• The Honorable James Reilly, Director, USGS
• VADM Robert Sharp, Director, NGA
• And many more!
April 24, 2019
The Foundation is excited to announce the publication of the 2018 Annual Report! We had so many exciting accomplishments last year. Be sure to check them out!
2018 highlights included:
- Awarded the first recipients of the Stu Shea USGIF Endowed Scholarship and the Reinventing Geospatial Inc. Scholarship
- Raised $17,780 toward the EdGEOcation Giving Fund
- Published a “Building Resilient Communities Through Geospatial Intelligence” report as part of a grant from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Offered the Certified GEOINT Professional (CGP™) Program on the Army Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (COOL) and Marine Corps COOL websites
- Introduced more than 2,000 K-12 students to GEOINT
April 23, 2019
The nation’s premier geospatial intelligence event of the year returns to the
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas, Sunday, June 2 to Wednesday, June 5.
With the theme of “Human-Machine Teaming & Innovation Yield Mission Success,” GEOINT 2019 will embrace the ongoing artificial intelligence revolution and the incredible potential when machine learning is applied as a tool to assist human decision-making.
April 22, 2019
USGIF selected 30 individuals for its Young Professionals Golden Ticket Program. This program is an exclusive opportunity for young professionals, 35-years-old and under or with five or less years of experience in the GEOINT Community, to receive complimentary GEOINT Foreword and GEOINT 2019 Symposium registration. Participants will benefit from mentoring sessions with senior GEOINT leaders, attendance to the USGIF Chairman’s Reception, and the full Symposium experience.
April 19, 2019
Before gathering for a week of training, learning, exhibiting, and networking at the GEOINT Symposium, USGIF shares what our partners at NGA will be looking for as well as what they plan to showcase at GEOINT 2019 at our Sneak Peek event.
Join us for breakfast on Tuesday, April 23 at 8 a.m. at Maggiano’s in Tyson’s Corner!
- Sandra Auchter, Deputy Associate Director of Capabilities, NGA
- William Caniano, Director, Office of Corporate Communications, NGA
- Christy Monaco, Chief Ventures Officer, Office of Ventures and Innovation, NGA