USGIF Scholarship Program
ABOUT THE USGIF SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
To further the advancement of the geospatial tradecraft, USGIF is dedicated to assist promising students studying GEOINT, geospatial sciences, and related fields. The annual USGIF Scholarship Program recognizes the achievements of graduating high school seniors, undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students.
USGIF has awarded $1,003,000 in scholarships since launching the program in 2004. The Scholarship Program is funded by donations, the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area (CFCNC), USGIF membership dues, and the USGIF Allder Golf Classic.
2016 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Scholarship recipients are selected based on their academic and professional excellence. Numerous scholarships at various amounts will be awarded. Students interested in using capabilities of geospatial science, data and technologies to address human security challenges are all encouraged to submit applications. Past scholarship recipients are encouraged to apply.
New in 2016: USGIF and Riverside Research have partnered to create the Ken Miller Scholarship for Advanced Remote Sensing Applications, a $10,000 scholarship annually awarded to one master’s student working in or planning to enter the Defense and/or Intelligence workforce.
Questions about the scholarship program can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2016 USGIF Scholarship Recipients include:
Ken Miller Scholarship for Advanced Remote Sensing Applications
• Anne Aryadne Bennett, University of Southern California
• Michael Brady, Rutgers University
• Monica Medel, Texas State University
• Brad G. Peter, Michigan State University
• Emanuel Arnal Storey, University of California, Santa Barbara/San Diego State University
• Jennifer L. Whytlaw, Rutgers University
• Roxanne Ahmadi, Pennsylvania State University
• Allison Bohlman, Alabama A&M University
• James Osundwa, University of Redlands
• Andrew Ryan, George Mason University
• Christopher Smith, Delta State University
• Zachary Toll, George Mason University
• Claire Weber, University of Utah
• James Christianson, Delta State University/Mississippi Delta Community College
• Hailee Hettrick, Cornell University
• Tilden Remerleitch, University of Vermont
• Kristin Sonsteby, Pennsylvania State University
• Elijah Staple, University of Colorado, Boulder
Graduating High School Seniors
• Georgia Bass, Monument Mountain Regional High School, Great Barrington, Mass.; now attending University of Massachusetts, Amherst
• Courtney Fassett, Northwood High School, Irvine, Calif.; now attending University of Southern California
• John Golden, Archer High School, Lawrenceville, Ga.; now attending Georgia Institute of Technology
• Emma McFee, Bainbridge-Guilford, Bainbridge, N.Y.; now attending University of Utah
• Gillian Sullivan, Fairfax High School, Fairfax, Va.; now attending University of Mary Washington
• Grayson Sullivan, Westlake High School, Austin, Texas; now attending University of Utah
Read more about the winners here
Past USGIF Scholarship Winners
Click the years of past USGIF scholarship programs below to see the list of winners and to learn about their achievements.
Where are they now?
After receiving a USGIF scholarship, students go on to accomplish great things for the GEOINT Community. Here are past scholarship winners we would like to recognize for their work in helping forward the Community.