July 23, 2014
with 0 comments
Join Analyst One and USGIF on Wednesday, July 30, at the Hyatt Regency Reston, in the Reston, VA, Town Center for Analytics 2014: Insights For Mission Impact.
I don’t want to miss the data analytics event of the year. Register me now!
- Dr. Natasha Balac, Director of Predictive Analytics Center of Excellence, SDSC
- Dr. David A. Bray, Chief Information Officer, FCC
- Dr. Kirk Borne, Data Scientist and Professor, George Mason University
- Dr. Philip E. Bourne, Associate Director for Data Science, NIH
- Matt Devost, President & CEO, FusionX
- Dave Gauthier, Activity Based Intelligence Portfolio Lead, Analysis Directorate, NGA
- Dr. Robert Grossman, Director, Center for Data Intensive Science, University of Chicago
- Bob Jimenez, Chief Technology Officer, NRO
- Jeff Jonas, IBM Fellow and Chief Scientist of Context Computing, IBM
- Carmen Medina, Specialist Leader, Deloitte Consulting
- Ed Mornston, Director, Human Development Directorate, NGA
- Dr. William Nolte, Program Director, Intelligence Center of Academic Excellence, University of Maryland School of Public Policy
- Dr. Erin M. Simpson, Chief Executive Officer, Caerus Associates
- Jason Thomas, Manager of Innovation for the Government, Thomson Reuters
- Dr. Dave Warner, M.D., Ph.D., Medical Neuroscientist and the Director of Medical Intelligence, MindTel
Learn More about the event or Register Now.
July 22, 2014
with 0 comments
Join the Young Professionals Group (YPG) for "An Opportunity to Topple Oppressive Regimes: Beer for Data with Dr. Dave Warner, M.D., Ph.D. on Tuesday, July 29 at the Synglyphx Offices in Arlington, VA from 5:30 to 8:30 P.M.
This event is a casual, open discussion with Dr. Dave Warner about his data visualization work. While in Afghanistan, Dr. Warner began a “Beer for Data” initiative to encourage information sharing among partners in the region. Through this, he pulled together collected data in a program he created called Antz. This program uses the optimal design of a visual environment to enable users to more efficiently interact with and synthesize high-dimensional and complex data sets.
Complimentary pizza and beverages will be provided.
Reserve your spot through Eventbrite.
July 21, 2014
with 0 comments
USGIF hosted its bimonthly GEOINTeraction Tuesday event on Tuesday, July 8 at Maggiano’s in McLean, VA. GEOINTeraction Tuesday is a casual networking event where you can develop new relationships, exchange ideas and discover business opportunities.
The guest speaker at this event was Gary Wang, Director Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance Infrastructure (ISRI), Office of Under Secretary of Defense (Intelligence). During this event Wang discussed the agenda for the Office of Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, provided some recent observations and commented on current challenges and trends.
Check out the recap of the event at trajectorymagazine.com.
The next GEOINTeraction Tuesday will be held on September 9 in Springfield, VA.
ABI Forum (SI/TK//REL FVEY)
Event date: July 24, 2014
The United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF) and the Advance Technical Intelligence Association (ATIA) are organizing the 2014 ABI Forum: ABI in Practice and the Challenges Ahead.
This event will be held at the classified level SI/TK//REL FVEY.
To attend, please Submit your Visit Request NLT Tuesday 22 July:
- The Heritage Conference Center (HCC) recognizes Blue Badge reciprocity within the Intelligence Community (IC) for (a) U.S. Government civilian personnel and (b) IC-assigned U.S. Military personnel. All others need a current visit certification on file prior to attending a classified event.
- If you do not have a Blue Badge and do not have a permanent certification currently on file with the TASC HCC, Certifications may be sent via:
- (1) CWAN or GWAN: TASC_HCC_Security@TASC.NPA.Gov
- (2) Open Fax: 651-783-4491
- (3) Secure Fax: 703-449-1063
- (4) Unclassified Email: email@example.com
- (5) GWAN/CWAN: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (6) JPAS: SMO Code 9G9243
- The TASC Heritage Conference Center (HCC) facility is located at 4803 Stonecroft Blvd., Chantilly, VA 20151.
- Please include Name, Social Security Number, Place and Date of Birth, Clearance Level and Accesses, and indicate the Meeting Name (ATIA Meetings and Briefings), TASC POC (Monica Chavez) and Dates of Visit (“ABI Workshop,” 24 July 2014).
- For administrative convenience, we recommend that you “term-cert” your clearance for 12 months or at least through the end of the current year, 31 December 2014.
Foreign National and/or not a U.S. Citizen
- Please immediately email ATIA Executive Director Jim Longley so he can provide you the necessary paperwork to ensure your participation.
- In addition, each Foreign National visitor must have a current Visit Certification on file that validates the Security Level and Accesses.
- Visit Certifications must be sent via cable from the Foreign National Government Agency to the appropriate U.S. Government Agency which will then forward the necessary authorization to the designated official destination for the Foreign National visitor (TASC Heritage Conference Center).
Additional Security Questions?
Please contact TASC HCC SSO Sonya Maldonado, 703-633-2220 or Sonya.Maldonado@TASC.com