Navigating the GEOINT Career Landscape
Whether you are a student, a young professional, or a mid-career GEOINT professional, learn how to improve your job candidacy in the GEOINT Community.
Whether you are a young professional, a mid-career GEOINTer, or a student, this event will show you how to best posture yourself to be an attractive job candidate in the GEOINT Community. The event will include a panel of experts sharing insights on do’s and don’ts for successfully navigating recruiting and hiring activities, both in person and online. After the panel, participants will break out into a trio of different “stations” offering more hands-on advice and workshopping for résumés, networking (both in person and online), and interviews. The event will also include networking time, during which participants can immediately put into practice what they learned.
4:45: Doors open, networking, light snacks.
5:00 – 5:45: Panel of experts will share expertise on navigating the GEOINT career landscape
- Moderator: Sue Kalweit, former Senior Associate for Culture and Leadership Excellence, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Jo Ellen Adkins, Deputy Director of Human Development, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- David Attaway, Ph.D., Solution Engineer Team Lead, Intelligence, Esri
- DD Piotter, Lead Recruiter, Maxar
6:00 – 7:30: Workshops/networking
- Résumés and Talent Profiles
- How to network effectively, in person and online
- Interviewing techniques and approaches