UPDATED 17 MAY 2023
GEOINT 2023 Public Safety
Explore St. Louis and our community partners have taken the following steps to provide GEOINT 2023 Symposium attendees a safe and enjoyable experience in St. Louis:
- Our Vice President of Public Safety is coordinating with your event team and a host of downtown safety and security personnel throughout your stay.
- The St. Louis Metro Police Department and St. Louis Sheriff’s Office will conduct patrols to maintain a high visibility police presence in addition to 24/7 monitoring of cameras and Rapid Response team surveillance.
- Our partners at the St. Louis Downtown Community Improvement District have mobilized their safety team support vehicles, Downtown Guides (they wear highly visible yellow uniforms) and are offering a free safety escort program by calling or texting +1 (314) 280-4817.
- Downtown hotels will deploy their security teams to be visible outside of the buildings as guests are moving about in the downtown area after nightfall (they will also wear bright yellow vests).
- Labyrinth Smart Mobility will operate two STL Downtown Link shuttles from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. from Saturday, May 20-Wednesday, May 24. This service is free to GEOINT 2023 Symposium attendees.
When visiting any metro area, personal responsibility is a key factor in mitigating crime and reducing your chances of being a victim. The following are some easy, preventative measures from The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department to help keep you safe:
- Pay close attention to your surroundings – if you feel threatened or something doesn’t feel right, take action immediately.
- Carry as few items as possible.
- Avoid shortcuts that take you through alleys, gangways and other unlit, isolated areas.
- Carry a small amount of cash and only the credit cards that you intend to use.
- Make sure belongings in your car are properly stored away from view.
- Park at one of the Preferred Downtown Parking Facilities that meet both the security and service standards our guests expect.
- Panhandling is illegal in St. Louis. Do not encourage or reward panhandling.