Strategic Readiness: 5G Technology Solutions to Help Accelerate the GEOINT Mission
Fifth generation wireless technology (5G) is here and anticipated to help unleash new levels of connectivity among millions of new devices.
Fifth generation wireless technology (5G) is here and anticipated to help unleash new levels of connectivity among millions of new devices. Although 5G implementation is still in its early stages, there are already a range of applications being explored across the U.S. and beyond. At this GEOConnect Series, Main Stage event, government and industry leaders will discuss emerging programs and possible opportunities and challenges associated with the 5G framework. While enthusiasm for 5G is very high in some technology communities, many specific important issues remain to be addressed. Join us to learn about what “5G readiness” means, the possible impact 5G might have on GEOINT missions, and how we might prepare for integration and adaptation of this new generation of digital communication.
Moderator: Keith Barber, Tradecraft & Professional Development Committee Co-chair
- Dr. J. N. Markiel, Senior GEOINT Authority for Geomatics, Source Directorate, NGA
- Mr. Stephen Malys, Senior Scientist for Geodesy and Geophysics, NGA
- Jill Singer, Vice President of Defense and National Security, AT&T
- Dr. Peter Fuhr, Distinguished Scientist, Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the Technology Director for the Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Research Laboratory
- Sean N. Day, Director Business Development and Partnerships, Intel Next Generation Standards |Advanced Technologies 5G Program Office